Delineate - raster to SVG converter
Downloads for the Delineate 0.5 release:
Follow the installation notes to install Delineate.
- Users can now choose to convert to SVG with potrace instead of AutoTrace - otrace produces superior black and white SVG results compared to AutoTrace.
- Increased number of supported raster input formats by using
Java Imaging Utilities (JIU). Now support: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PNM, PBM, PGM, PPM, IFF, PCD, PSD, RAS.
- User prompted to select the location of the autotrace or potrace application file when running a conversion for the first time. In earlier releases an environment variable needed to be set.
- Fixes bug that occurred when running group by color optimization in Windows.
- No longer use style attribute in output SVG, now use separate fill and stroke
- Reload image after doing group by color optimization. Sometimes group by color
optimization results in the color layers being in the wrong sequence on the
image, obscuring some image details.
- Now offer a choice of three SVG path grouping options:
Using 'group by color' or 'no groups' result in files that are easier to edit in Sodipodi.
- No groups
- Group by color - use with color count setting to reduce file size.
- One group
- Removed the create SVG style definitions option, because Mozilla and Sodipodi don't handle style definitions well. Use 'group by color' instead.
- Fixed bug with result file being lost when output file setting is changed.
- Fixed bugs related to filenames that have spaces in them.
- Fixed bug that occurred when new result was significantly smaller in size than the previous result.
- Reduced output file sizes, through the use of more concise SVG syntax, and the optional creation of SVG style definitions.
- Improved handling of background color settings; background color, if set, is now added to the result SVG.
- Previous result view and/or settings panel can be hidden.
- Number of SVG paths in result is displayed in status bars.
- A few bug fixes.
- Key bindings and popup menu for zoom, scroll, reset and view source actions.
- Ability to save, load and delete settings configurations.
- Status bar for each of the two SVG result panels.
- File sizes are displayed.
- File browser dialog for input and output file selection.
- Color chooser dialog for background color selection.